One of the toughest days of my life!
2 star kayaking is like some water bending art!!!
The fewww of us had kayaking with the public and we're the youngest.
the rest are mostly working adults ( omg teachers and adventure camp instructors) and University students.
Well well...
I'm extremely worn out even though today was more on capsizing and rescuing.
I was being a such liability to Liyang ( again!!)
First, I embarked off with him and I accidentally hit his head with my paddle!
my gosh =/
Before the day ended, the coach made us try out edging with the sculling draw for 5min and I think I just capsized within 10seconds! I was just wondering whether I was edging enough and before I could realise I was edging too much, I capsized! It was so scary, I let out a loud scream like this:
'' AHHHHHHHHH!"
and I guess everyone got stunned. I started panicking under water cos I couldnt get out of the kayak and I was still patiently waving for someone to rescue me. It took me another few seconds to realise there's probably no one really near me to save me! omgg..Then, i reached out and felt for the spray deck, removed it and did the wet exit. The coaches just looked from afar. I could have died!!Just then, Liyang came from afar to rescue me!!! OMG! :( And when I surfaced out of the water I was just spitting out the disgusting Kallang water like a fountain!He was laughing at me! and he got so busy trying to empty my kayak with me that he had no chance to practise the edging skill... :( AH it was soo embarrassing, everyone saw and Germaine even kayaked by to ask if I need help or not. I just felt like hiding under my kayak foreverrrr, but no, the water's terrible. There's like some filthy black gooey substance at the bottom.
I really hope I can survive this!But im so tired to even move my arms about now and I can feel the muscles coming backk. How tomorrow how. I dun wanna capsize anymoreee but i see there's more to come...!!!
http://www.expertvillage.com/video/25200_kayaking-maneuvering-dynamic-draws.htm
http://www.expertvillage.com/video/25198_kayaking-maneuvering-edging.htm
IT IS NOT AS SIMPLE AS SHOWN.
Saturday, October 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment